Wednesday, November 7, 2007

enRICHment Cake

Last night for enrichment meeting at church I was supposed to take a dessert. Of course, I forgot until a friend asked if I was going about 2 hours beforehand. I looked through my pantry for ideas and found a cake mix. On the back there was a recipe for "Better than Anything Cake". Sure enough, I had most of the stuff to make it. Here it is -well, something like it, because I threw the box away.

Better than Anything Cake (with modifications)

Make 1 chocolate cake in a 9 x13 pan
poke holes in it every 1/2 inch with the end of a wooden spoon
drizzle 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over it
drizzle 1 jar of hot fudge, butterscotch, or carmel over it (run a knife around the edge to let the goo soak in the sides too)
refrigerate for 2 hours or until cool
frost with 1 tub of cool whip or 1 can whipped frosting
(however, while still hot, I spread it with 1 jar of marshmallow cream
then poured hot fudge frosting over that and made pretty designs
then I refrigerated it) Holy Cow, Amazing! Gotta eat it with Ice cream or a big glass of milk though.

Hot Fudge Frosting (for Texas Sheet Cake and any other decadent purpose you can think of)

4 T. cocoa
4 T. milk
1 stick of margarine

bring to a boil in saucepan

add 1 box of powdered sugar, mix well, and spread while still hot!

7 comments:

blog author said...

my girlfriend makes that cake and she calls it "YUM Cake" bc the first time anyone takes a bite they ALWAYS say "oh, YUM!" :)

Jayne said...

and how many lbs do we gain with that one?

I've never had it with the texas chocolate frosting on top.. just cool whip and then sprinkle with toffee bits.


yum,
jayne

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the toffee bits in the recipe, because I didn't have any at home. I cut it into tiny squares, and figured I was safe because I was taking it to homemaking so I wouldn't be tempted by it at home ;>

KATE said...

Oh my word, that sounds like it's right up my alley!! YUM!!

Natalie said...

Ok...yum!!!!!!!!!!

Salsa Mama said...

We have always known that cake as "BTS" cake- Better Than S*x cake! You can be the judge...

Andrea said...

i have a recipe similar to that. so good!!! i use devil's food cake, caramel syrup, cool whip, then drizzle more caramel syrup & hershey's chocolate syrup and top w/ toffee bits. so delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin