Friday, November 9, 2007

Fun Friday & Rootbeer Milk


Well, I'm off ot do something fun with the babies. We're going to meet up with some friends for a playdate, so the kids can play and Mom's can visit, vent, and laugh. Love it!

My hubby bought a bunch of rootbeer. A BUNCH. So everyday, all day, that's all I hear...Do you want some breakfast? Rootbeer. How about an egg? Pancakes? Cereal? Rootbeer. Rootbeer please. How about a piece of toast? What kind of jelly do you want? Rootbeer.

My solution: How about some rootbeer milk? I put 1/4 rootbeer, and 3/4 milk. So he had 4 glasses yesterday. I figure he really only had 1 glass of rootbeer, and 3 glasses of milk. Right? It actually tastes pretty good, like a rootbeer float without the mess.

8 comments:

oda41143 Missy said...

How good that you are having a Fun Friday with the babies! Have a super good time!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

ewww! you told me about this in person and um it doens't appeal to me. i can see why it wouldn't be super disgusting but curdalicious!

Michelle said...

I'll have to try that trick b/c my 4 yr old is ALWAYS wanting Root Beer. Thanks for the tip.

kay said...

that sounds awful!! but i guess if you put icecream in rootbeer (which i love!) milk would work too. still it just sounds strange!

but way to improvise!

donna said...

I hope you had a fun time :)

Haddorkus said...

I had a little one who devolped a problem with juice for awhile and wouldn't drink milk. All he would drink was Kool-aid. So in one day of desperation I did what you did with the root beer. I thought it was so gross and he wouldn't drink it but he did. We just called it a "shake." I always felt weird mixing those two but it was only way to get him to drink milk for almost six months. Root beer actaully sound less gross than what I did. Good thinking.

Andrea said...

root beer & milk? weird, but i guess i could see how it could kinda be like a float. i don't like milk, so i won't be trying that. i bet my kids would like it. ha ha

Unknown said...

My husband loves that stuff:) I didn't grow up with it at all, so it seems weird to me. I'm more of a rootbeer float kind of girl:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin