Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What was I thinking...



Sometimes I really have to wonder why I commit to things. Tonight I'm teaching a bow making class for an Enrichment craft group (I was feeling bad that our Ward wasn't doing any crafts so I volunteered).




I agreed to make a wedding cake for a friend's brother. Plus, I'm in the middle of removing wallpaper to redecorate DD's bedroom. I'm the secretary for our Ward Book Group. I have three half-sewn dresses waiting to be finished. Besides the fact that I haven't even begun making my cards for this month's card group exchange in two days.




I always think things sound so fun and challenging. I love to be creative and teach other people. I just tend to get overextended and with the kids home for spring break last week, I didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped. Oh well. I'll get it done and have fun in the process, but like I said, sometimes I should have myself committed for volunteering!

6 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

i try to steer clear of volunteering and committing to anything.

GOSH THAT person making that bow must have mad skills!

are you ready yet? i'm leavin' now.

SuperCoolMom said...

Woohoo, off to the zoo!

Lynell said...

I had to figure out about volunteering for things the hard way. It was when I realized that I was neglecting my kids, because I was doing so much for my kids, that I finally made some changes. Now instead of offering to be incharge I am just the pleasant surprise who shows up when I can. Kinda pathetic now that I think about it. But certainly a lot less stressful Ü

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! It is always fun to open my mail and see a comment from someone new.

Did you make that cake? It is gorgeous! And I wish you lived closer I would convince you to make me a stock of hairbows. Yours look great! Mine always look too dinky...

Mamarazzi said...

that cake is BEAUTIFUL!! i am so impressed!

Supercool Hotmama said...

Actually, that's the cake she wants... We'll see if I can duplicate it. I'll post pics when it's done.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin