Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Choices

I was just having a life talk with a child. Life is not going as she would wish today. Our discussion was one of those "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit" kinds. It basically went like..."Well, too bad! This is what has to happen. You can be happy about it, or you can be sad about it. It's entirely up to you!" I wonder how many times God wants to slap us upside the head and tell us that?

If you want to be a grump, that's ok
but could you be grumpy kinda further away
it's not that I don't love you, 'cuz you know I do
sometimes I'm grumpy too.

- some rad group on a Noggin Music Video

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

ooooh i love when you wax on!

i often think about this. i really do. i think about all of the times i feel like life has handed me lemons. the times that chose to be in a funk about it it seemed to go on forever. the times i chose to make lemonade with those lemons the funk seemed to pass rather quickly.

tough lesson for kids to grasp...

Salsa Mama said...

That is the best song ever! I need to embroider those words onto something...

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Don't you just love those talks... Seems like the older Emma gets the more talks we have about this exact thing! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin