Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Random stuff

BittE just showed up at my side (in the kitchen) carrying her padded Diego potty seat and stool. I'm not sure what her plan is.

Throughout the day the three most frequently heard phrases around here are: "Check out my moves!", "Poopy. Poopy. Potty!" and "Mom, can I have some (fill in the food item)?"

BittE has been wearing two different earrings for about 4 months. She lost one from a pair. Then I replaced them and she lost one from that pair. Not a problem really, except that one is red and the other is crystal.

For the Fourth we went to the Ward pancake breakfast and Kiddy parking lot parade, then that evening we went to the drive-in and saw Ice Age 3, Night at the Museum 2, and fireworks from a distance. It was a really fun time and we even gave away one of our kittens. (The kids took the three kittens we have left and tired to give them away before the movie.)

I may upload the pics later.

I really dislike my little Nikon. It is a pain in the rear to upload the pics. My little Kodak Easy Share was a much easier camera to use and upload from.

Yesterday the news said that it was supposed to be "dangerously hot." So we tried baking cookies in the car again. I added a mirror into the experiment this time, started at noon, and forgot about them so they ended up cooking for about 3 hours. They were actually about half cooked. The candy thermometer got up to 175 too! I may take up solar cooking as a hobby.

6 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ The movies/fireworks sounds like a ton of fun! :)

Devri said...

Whoa Nelly! that is hot. cook an egg while your out there! Sounds like you had fun!

Rachel B said...

wow, 3 hour wait for cookies... don't know if I could wait that long!

word verification: gatesi

janna said...

cooking in the heat.... ugh

Sue said...

I just bought a solar oven.. luv it.

michelle said...

The movies sounds like a great thing to do on the fourth. Fireworks, and a movie at the same time sounds great to me! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin